Cultivating smarter financial habits is a worthwhile goal to have for the new year. Here are some tips to help you save on car expenses in 2021.
Focus on Maintenance
Keeping your car in good running condition will keep you safe and it will save you money in the long run. Take it to the dealership for regular servicing to stay ahead of big repair bills. Be sure to schedule these services regularly:
- Tune-ups — Keeping your car tuned improves gas mileage by 25 percent.
- Oil Changes — Getting an oil change every 3,000 miles will extend the life of your engine and save money on repairs.
- Change Filters — Oil filters are changed when the oil is replaced, but people often neglect the air filter. Keeping the filters clean helps extend the life of the engine and boosts gas mileage.
- Check fluids — Coolant, transmission fluid, brake and clutch fluids should be checked to keep them at appropriate levels.
Where the Rubber Meets the Road
Using the right tires and taking care of them can save you a lot of money. Keep these tips in mind as you drive around Sour Lake, Texas.
- Buy steel-belted radials tend to get better gas mileage.
- Check the inflation regularly to improve fuel economy (and traction).
- Have tires balanced once a year. Unbalanced tires case wear on shock absorbers and the suspension system.
Call us at Sour Lake Chevrolet if you have any questions about vehicle maintenance or need to schedule a service appointment for your Chevy.